Christmas will come early this year - just in time for Macro season.
Venus Optics announced a new full frame macro lens for Nikon F-mount: Laowa 25mm f/2.8 2.5-5X Ultra. The US price will be $399. Here are the details:
- It is a macro lens for full size of manual focus.
- The shortest shooting distance is 173 to 223.5 mm and shooting magnification 2.5 to 5 times is available.
- It is possible to secure a working distance of 40 mm (5 times) to 45 mm (2.5 times) by optical design with a special configuration. It can correspond to various lighting to obtain better shooting result.
- By adopting ultra low dispersion lens (UD lens), by appropriately suppressing chromatic aberration and color fringe, it is possible to capture images with high sharpness and high color reproducibility.
- Each lens is coated with multilayer coating, minimizing ghost and flare. Therefore, under a strong light source, it is possible to take pictures with a very high contrast and neutral color.
- Adopting a metal enclosure with excellent robustness.
- It is compact, lightweight and excellent in portability.
- Shipping starts in April 2018
I look forward to addimg this to my camera bag.